Goldman lawyers for outstanding results in litigation and dispute resolution
Our litigation team are passionate about defending you or taking strong decisive action whether you are an individual, representing a company, a business person or a trust. It's about people and communication about the process and what and how we will do. We keep you part of the process and stand with you all the way.
We have extensive expertise in commercial and corporate matters, trusts, tax, insolvency, medical and health and defamation actions.
Our strategic difference
- 1. Dispute resolution with a commercial focus; ensuring outcomes that are timely and realistic
- 2. Deep understanding and awareness of complex matters; with over 30 yearsâ€™ experience in Australian international business, corporate, commercial and trust issues. We understand the structures and the issues; are thoroughly aware of the pitfalls, the monetary and mental costs.
- 3. Strategy devised from experience, commitment, and passion; going to court is an onerous undertaking that may span in some cases several years of a close association with your legal team. The evolution of an ongoing strategy and communication is a critical aspect of winning.
- 4. We do not take on all matters; we keep our focus on the matters we have and do not overcommit ourselves; ensuring that the litigation and dispute resolution matters we undertake achieve our utmost attention at all times.
- 5. Aggression and immediacy when required, coupled with respect for our opponents; to always seek a timely resolution for a fair outcome for our clients.
Negotiation, mediation and arbitration- our approach
Our lawyers will only go to court as a last resort and there is an increasing use of mediators and arbitration.
We are expert and seasoned negotiators. If we are able to negotiate a fair outcome we will do so. Everybody deserves to be heard and there is always another side to the story and negotiation involves understanding the other point of view to bring the parties to a timely resolution.
We have worked with many law firms whoâ€™ve opposed us who in our view, fail to negotiate a proper outcome and will blindly continue litigation or pursue ill founded causes of action. We do not share this approach however will fight relentlessly for our clients when the need arises and stay wholly objective about negotiating the right outcome for our clients.
Civil litigation - procedure flowchart
Â© Commonwealth of Australia 2010