Fixed Fee For Advice Consent Orders Children or Property
We charge a fixed fee of $1,500 (plus GST) plus disbursements for advice on a Standard Consent Orders (Children or Property), which covers the entire standard process including:
- i. Initial consultation for specific instructions as to the proposed Consent Orders that have been provided to you or us by your partnerâ€™s Solicitors
- ii. Written legal advice on the proposed Consent Orders, including in relation to the advantages and disadvantages of entering into same
- iii. Taking further instructions from you in relation to the proposed reasonable amendments that we have advised you to make or that you require us to make
- iv. Preparing a draft letter to be issued to the Solicitors for your partner, requesting any amendments that you have requested us to make.
- v. Receiving any response from the Solicitors for your partner, advising you on proposed final changes and witnessing the Execution of the Consent Orders by you.
- vi. Filing the Consent Orders filed with the Family Court of Australia or the Federal Circuit Court of Australia.
Note where the process involves more than one set of changes, these will reconsidered non standard orders and we may charge additional fees.
What are standard Consent Orders ?Hide
Standard Consent Orders means:
i. proposed Consent Orders that are, as determined by us in our discretion, standard and requiring reasonable amendments (two rounds) to same, which might be relevant and appropriate to your specific circumstances.
Non-standard Consent Orders
Non-standard Consent Orders means:
i. proposed Consent Orders that are, as determined by us in our discretion, not standard and requiring unreasonable amendments to same, which might be relevant and appropriate to your specific circumstances; and/or
ii. proposed Consent Orders that are complicated, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
What fees do you charge for legal advice in relation to a non-Standard Consent Orders ?Hide
We are always happy to act for clients and provide legal advice in relation to complicated or non-standard Consent Orders.
We will usually be able to offer you a fixed-fee quote in relation to such legal advice. In order to obtain a fixed-fee quote for advice on complicated or non-standard proposed Consent Orders, please contact our office and discuss the matter with one of our Senior Family Lawyers.