Goldman & Co Lawyers advises on all aspects of family law and separation issues.
Our lawyers have an immense amount of experience in family law court proceedings and in resolving disputes outside of court. Some of our senior lawyers have over 30 years in law and have been some of the leading practitioners in family law in Australia.
We also facilitate and encourage online work and after hours conference calls and meetings to fit in with your work or parenting lifestyle. Our flexible rates â€“ fixed fees and special help for those in need whether itâ€™s instalment payments, legal aid or selected pro bono work. Many of our senior lawyers have been through family law situations personally and know exactly how you feel and how you wish to be treated.
We are not a suburban law firm that does family law because itâ€™s easy â€“ we are experts that cover all matters Australia wide and, in some cases, international family law matters. We are also experts in financial matters and can deal with complex trusts, complex business arrangements and offshore.
We regularly assist clients with:
- Preparing and interpreting parenting plans;
- Preparing and finalising consent orders dealing with parenting and/or property matters;
- Preparation and review and finalising binding financial agreements (at any stage of a relationship) and child support agreements.
- Location and recovery order proceedings.
- Legal questions relating to de facto and same-sex relationships.
- Divorce applications- pre nups and post nups.
- Representation for enforcement issues/family law court order contravention proceedings.
- Child passport issues, "Airport Watch List" and Hague Convention matters (concerning when a child is taken overseas).
- Applying for/responding to family violence intervention orders in court.
- Prenupâ€™s and post ups including all aspects of binding financial agreements.
- Asset protection following separation is another one of our expert areas.
Free online case assessment and strategy discussion
It is important that you have a rapport with the law firm and are comfortable with the law firmâ€™s approach. This also means not only in the context of pricing and how the firm works but also with the person who will be dealing with your particular matter.
In our experience, many clients do not shop around and are simply too glad to give the work to the first family law firm that returns their calls. We encourage you to speak to us even if you have sought to engage another lawyer or if you are unhappy with the services you are receiving. We have taken on many matters from other lawyers. Some situations other lawyers simply could not deal with.